NATIONAL TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION
(For the students studying in Class X)
|DOWNLOADING THE BLANK APPLICATION
FORMS FROM THE WEBSITE:
08.11.2021 – 13.11.2021
|LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF THE FILLED IN
APPLICATION FORMS WITH FEES FROM THE
|UPLOADING OF CANDIDATE’S DETAILS 12.11.2021 TO
THROUGH ONLINE BY THE HEADMASTER /
PRINCIPAL / HEAD OF THE INSTITUTION
The State Level National Talent SearchExamination for the Academic Year 2021-2022 will be held on 23.01.2022 (Sunday) for all the students currently studying in Std. X in any recognized school located in the State.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT :
(a) Scholarship of Rs.1,250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
(b) Scholarship of Rs.2,000/- per month for Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
(c) Amount of Scholarship for PhD be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
The Reservation policy will be adopted as per guidelines given by NCERT for the selection of stage I examinations including 4% of the physically challenged group of students and 27% of reservation has been provided for OBC candidates (Non-creamy layer) for the selection to stage I examination.10% of seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to Economically weaker section (E.W.S) who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SC/ ST and OBC. These candidates Should enclose a photocopy of the certificate to get benefit as per the reservation policy of NCERT. Physically challenged candidates should produce the national ID card with Medical Certificate along with the application and fees.
Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / OBC Category has to attach the attested copy of the certificate regarding reserved caste issued by Tahsildar with the Application Form. In case, the candidate fails to submit the required certificate, he /she will be considered in the GENERAL Category provided he/she fulfils the conditions for GENERAL Category. Otherwise, the form is liable to be rejected.
If the community certificate is in any other language (other than Tamil or English) Affidavit certificate issued by Notary Public should be attached along with the community certificate.
Students studying in Class X during 2021-2022 in any recognized school are eligible to appear for the examination.
QUESTION PATTERN FOR EXAMINATION:
|PAPER – 1||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||
9.00 A.M – 11.00 A.M
|PAPER – 2||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||
11.30 A.M – 1.30 P.M
11.00 A.M – 11.30 A.M break time.
The Question pattern for SAT will be based on the syllabus for Class IX and X prescribed by the STATE, CBSE and ICSE Examination Boards.
For SAT paper the number of question allocated for each subject will be as follows:
Qualifying marks for candidates from SC/ST/PH category is 32% in each paper and
for others (General /OBC/EWS) categories it is 40% in each paper.
ANSWER SHEET :
OMR Answer sheet will be provided to the students. Students should mark the
answers in BLACK ballpoint pen only
466 candidates will be selected in the State Level NTS Examination.
The candidate should pay a fee of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) in cash.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Candidates are required to apply for State Level NTS Examination through their school only.
2. The Headmaster / Head of Institution / Students can download blank application forms from 08.11.2021 to 13.11.2021 through the website www.dge.tn.gov.in.
3. With the help of parents/teachers the students should fill up the application forms and return the filled in application forms to the Headmaster / Head of Institution concerned, along with Photo, Community/ Physically Challenged / EWS / OBC (Non-creamy layer) certificates and cash of Rs.50/- (Fifty only).
4. Candidates Should enclose a photocopy of certificates self-attested by parent and candidate with the date on submission to get benefit as per reservation policy of NCERT.
COLLECTION OF APPLICATION FORMS :
1. The Head of Institutions should collect the filled in application forms from the students till 13.11.2021.
2. The School authority should verify the particulars produced by the candidate in the application form with the school record and the uploading should be done online thereafter.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS AT AD OFFICE :
After completion of ONLINE submission of particulars in the applications, the Headmaster / The Head of Institution should submit the Summary Report to the respective ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OFFICE. The last date will be intimated later. Submission of application after the last date will be rejected.
Hope you found it useful,
FOLLOW US ON: